How To Reach Your Fat Loss Goals In 2018
Are you ready to lose fat in 2018? Year after year, I see people who start off with lofty goals and enthusiasm, just to give up on their pursuits after a few weeks. Losing fat and working out seem like a very daunting task, and it would appear that eating less and sweating more would be the answer. But you've tried that and the routine does not feel sustainable whatsoever. Well that is the past, and it's important to realize that doesn't work. Now you are here, and I'm going to share with you the best tips to accelerate your fat loss and crush your health goals this year.
First off it's necessary to realize this will be a goal that requires consistency, organization, patience, and positivity. Next, you need to truly define your goal with a timeline. Remember, that the number on the scale is not important, how you feel and look in the mirror is what really matters. Lastly, do not overwork yourself and get burnt out. Add in additional work over time instead of all at once. Life is about balance, and so is fat loss. Once your mindset is in place, it's time to start dropping the pounds.
Now the best way to lose fat quickly, is to focus the majority of your efforts on nutrition and recovery. Exercising and time spent in the gym is much less important in the grand scheme of things. Here is what you need to do:
1. Drink More Water!
- At least 8 glasses a day.
- The colder the water, the more effective it is for burning calories.
- Start immediately upon waking up.
2. Change Eating Habits!
- Aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.
- Do not cut out carbohydrates or fat from your meal plan.
- Instead of snacking on chips or pizza, replace it with vegetables.
- Consume largest meals before and after physical activity.
3. Reduce Sugar Intake!
- Aim for no more than 50 grams per day.
- Check the labels on the products you consume. There is sugar packed into just about everything these days.
- Aim for natural sugars over added sugars. Fruit will always be a better choice than candy.
4. Reduce Stress Levels!
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night. If you can't all at once, add in a nap during the day.
- Spend some time focusing on your breathing throughout the day. Long deep, calming breathes are good for recovery.
- Smile more often.
5.. Get Moving!
- Walk 10,000 steps (5 miles) per day.
- Choose to stand rather than sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Go outside, soak up some sun, and have fun.
Now you know the key components of reaching your fat loss goals and having a successful 2018. If the results start to slow down or you're just itching to do more, then check out the Watts Performance Training training programs and nutrition guide to take your health to the next level.
Here's to you, for taking care of yourself.